The Youth Center Foundation’s fundraising goal for 2014 is $150,000. The priorities for these funds include:
- Updated computers & equipment for the Homework Center. Making sure equipment is constantly up to date is an ongoing job.
- New Gym Wall Pads. This will enhance the gym’s safety.
- Kitchen Remodel. The Youth Center kitchen is original and many of its features are quite old. In addition, the layout is impractical for use among large groups. In an effort to not only update it, but make it more of a teaching space for nutrition & cooking classes, this is a big priority.
- Interior & Exterior Paint. Part of ongoing maintenance that is currently due.
- Lateral Rock Wall. This is a feature many members of the youth center have requested over the years. We’d like to make it a reality this year.
- Organizing/storage system for back packs & other materials in the entry of the Youth Center. Despite the Youth Center staff’s best efforts to keep the numerous back packs neatly stacked against the wall, there are just too many. A better storage solution is much needed.
- Additional Furniture/Fixtures. In an effort to maximize the uses of the Youth Center, additional furniture/fixtures are always needed.